Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Friday, March 10, 2006

www.LandinPlaysSoccer.com







Our oldest son, Landin, is a socceraholic. He LOVES to play the game.

He attended his first soccer game when he was 5-days old (just home from the hospital, I took him to see Brice, playing for SJSU at the time, in a game at Spartan Stadium). His favorite toy has always been a soccer ball. He can be found dribbling the ball around the house, and can be heard shooting the ball against the wall (even though he knows he’s not supposed to). At school, he plays soccer every single recess (even in the snow). This year will be his 4th playing team soccer through various city leagues, and he’s hoping for a chance to try out for the Junior Strikers (a local competitive team), where he would have to play-up with the Under-10 group to participate.

I have a letter, written by Landin, hanging in my office that says, “When I grow-up, and become a professional soccer player, and make my first million, I promise to buy my Mom and Dad a Yacht.” He signed his name at the bottom of the letter. I’m not sure if it’s a legal document or not (it is written in orange crayon), but I plan to hold him to that.

So anyway, I just purchased the URL: http://www.landinplayssoccer.com/ for our little budding soccer star. So when he’s famous, you can all say you knew him way back when… and can follow his ascent to stardom on his very own soccer-focused web site. That is, as soon as I get my act together and get anything posted there.

In the meantime, just start saving anything that has his autograph on it… just might be worth something someday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home