Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The John Deere Birthday Cake

It's tradition at our house that I make a special birthday cake for the kids the night before their party. I don't start it until after they go to bed, so it's always a big surprise when they wake up in the morning.

This usually entails me staying up all night baking, making frosting, and decorating the cake, but it's always worth it in the end and well, now that the tradition is started it's just not something I can cancel out on.

This year's theme meant I would spend the night before Ryder's birthday party making a tractor shaped cake in John Deere Green and Yellow. And just so all that homemade cake and frosting doesn't go to waste (and there is enough to feed the masses) I added an extra farm-themed cake to accompany the tractor.

Here are some pictures of the finished product:

Needless to say, we all enjoyed the cake very much! YUM YUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home