Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Is there anything you can't find on the Internet????




When my mother-in-law moved several years ago she cleaned out her garage and passed down to me a vintage iron "Handi Hostess Waf-L-Ette" set. For the layperson Waf-L-Ettes (some crazy brand name from the 50's) are more commonly known as rosettes - (really just deep fried waffle-like cookie things).

My mom used to make these for me when I was a kid - and I remembered them to be quite a tasty treat (especially when dusted with powdered sugar and eaten nice and hot).

So I have this vintage set and a mad craving for rosettes - but alas - NO Recipes or directions on how to make the things!

No problem! I hop online after dinner, do a quick A9 search and viola! Instant recipes and rosette directions at my finger tips! I print out a recipe lickety-split, and next thing you know, the kids and I are making rosettes. FUN!!

Fried things covered in powdered sugar are good... just ask Mazzy!

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger SandpointMOM said...

Really.. you don't recall them at all?? That's strange! I totally do!

Remember they were the flower shaped ones and she would dip them in batter, and then in the frying pan and they would sizzle up; and then she would sprinkle them with powdered sugar???

I swear if you saw the rosette maker you would remember - It's like a long skinny handle with an iron stamp on the end??? Ring any bells??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home