Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Our Family Reunion

In August we packed the kids in the car and headed to Olympia, Washington to meet up with my Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Nieces, Nephews, Mom, Sister and her family. We left on a Friday after Landin's soccer camp wrapped-up and arrived in Olympia just before midnight. The next morning we woke up, had some breakfast, and headed to the park for the FUN to begin!

I dressed the boys in matching sweatshirts (so I could keep an eye on them amidst the 20+ other kids that would be there).


This was the first time that Brice and the kids had met much of my extended family, and the first time for me meeting all the nieces and nephews.

This is my Mom with all of her kids and grandkids!
My cousin Rod brought his 13 kids to the reunion, and it was AWESOME to see how his big family functioned (He and his wife are saints!).
Brice really enjoyed playing with all the kids, and we all learned a new game - HORSEBALLS - which we promptly built upon arriving home.

Mazlow was quite taken with his cousin, and even posed for a picture with her. Rod's children were the sweetest - wanting to hold Mazzy and carry him around.
We were some of the last to leave the park that day, due to the wonderful time we had.

The next day we spent playing at the river and ended with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese.

I hope we can get something like this organized on a more regular basis (The last time we all got together was my Grandmothers funeral 8-years ago).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home