Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"Call Your Mother"


My Mom is a busy lady - although I know she always has time for me. She half-teases me that I never call her, and asks me how I would feel if my boys grew up and never called me. "That would suck" I tell her; yet I still don't call her as much as I should. Shame on me.

Today, I received a small package in the mail. It was from my Mom.

I opened the package to find a "love present" - - these are a tradition in my family - - little unexpected gifts to remind a loved one you are thinking of them.

My "love present" was a creamy ceramic vase in the shape of an old fashioned milk bottle. On the outside of the simple vase were three words in a stark black font:


call your mother

I filled the vase with some lovely pink flowers from our garden and sat it in the window sill in my office.

Thanks for the vase Mom... I promise to call more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home