Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mommy's got a new toy!


When I turned 30 in October, Brice and I went down to the John Deere store to pick me out a riding lawn mower for my present. I know what you are thinking - "a lawn mower for a birthday gift!?!" But seriously, this thing purrs like a kitten, can cut the lawn on our entire 5-acres lickety-split, and it looks HOT (in one of my favorite color combos - Kelly Green and Bright Yellow)!

We went into the John Deere store back in October with every intention of purchasing a riding lawn mower and taking it home with us that day. However, we were totally overwhelmed by all the choices, and completely ill-informed. This would not do! So, being an ever diligent Internet researcher, I opted to look into all these choices further, and make a decision once we had all the info we needed to make an informed and educated selection.

So we did our homework, and then Winter came... The grass doesn't grow under the snow... So we had the luxury of a few more months to make up our mind.

Fast-forward to this May - - our property is over run with knee-tall grass and weeds - - it was high time to MOW! Brice wasn't about to go and mow it all with the push mower, so we were back to the John Deere decision. Only this time, we knew exactly what we wanted.

Yesterday, Brice picked up my new John Deere and brought it home. Today, I took out the Deere and rode around the 3 or so acres that make up the open space behind our house and voila the grass is mowed! IT'S AWESOME!!

I can't wait for all of you to visit this Spring or Summer - - I'll let you ride my Deere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home