Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Our Little "Accident Going Somewhere To Happen"

When I was a kid and I brought home a friend that was clumsy or a bit reckless, my Dad would remark (to me later) - - "That kid's an accident waiting to happen!"

Well... That's Our Ryder!

The latest in his series of daredevil stunts went like this:

Brice says to Ryder, "I'll race you to the car!"

Ryder takes off running alongside Brice towards the backside of our minivan.

Brice eases off to let the little guy win (what a nice Daddy), and Ryder easily passes him to pull ahead.

Only feet from the car, Brice slows himself down so that he won't run full bore into the back of our car. Ryder doesn't.

Ryder drops his head (arguably to take the impact where he would feel it the least), and rams into the back of the car at full speed, shattering the taillight with his forehead.

Then he laughed.

"I won!"

Yah Ryder, you win.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Casual Observer said...

I thoroughly enjoyed stumbling upon your blog......especially the video of young Ryder after his fall from (or rescue by) Grace! You are very lucky, indeed, as I know all too well how often young boys can cross that line of safety, only to be saved by some sort of divine intervention. This story, and many others, will be retold by you, and your sons for all the years to come. My three sons (the youngest now 16), love hearing them, and they serve as a constant reminder to me that I am truly a very lucky Mom, to have them still to laugh! Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home