Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend




It rained this Memorial Day Weekend - - a lot.

I usually despise the rain, but this wasn't so bad.

Here is a top 10 list of positive things that came from the rainy long weekend:

10. I didn't have to water my garden even once the whole weekend; and my plants all still got deep long drinks.
9. Stuck inside, we finally got around to painting the guest room (a beautiful bright green called "Moss Landing" - - So come and see it!)
8. We organized our entire DVD collection (matched loose DVDs with their cases).
7. We got together with friends for a rousing game of cards.
6. Landin's soccer game was cancelled due to rain, so we had 3 extra hours on a Saturday free to play together as a family.
5. The kids and I baked a "sand castle bundt cake" using the new fancy pan the kids got me for Mother's Day.
4. The dogs got a rain bath
3. Our cars were cleaned; and we didn't have to lift a finger
2. The kids rushed to our bed when the thunder and lightning crashed outside (great family snuggle time).
1. THE MOST INCREDIBLE RAINBOW I'VE EVER SEEN APPEARED OVER OUR BARN - - BREATHTAKING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home