Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A baby shower for Tawnya

My girlfriend Tawnya is due to bring her 4th baby into the world this month, so some friends threw her a lovely baby shower this past Saturday.

My friend Kris and I went in together on the gift, and wanted to get Tawnya something special; but all she really wanted were baby clothes and some basics (diapers, wipes, etc)... So we came up with a way to deliver the basics in a special way. I got a giant shallow wicker laundry basket, cut two pieces of wood about 3 feet long and tied one to each side of the basket. Then I took a piece of grossgrain ribbon and I strung it across the two pieces of wood - creating a "clothes line." I bought a bag of wooden clothes pins and painted them pink and tan (to coordinate with the outfits I picked-up for the new baby girl). Using the decorative clothes pins, I strung 3-pairs of footed PJs across the clothes line. I bought a huge container of Baby-clothes laundry detergent, and stuck that in the middle of the basket. I filled the rest of the basket with pink tissue and then laid out the two other outfits we got Tawnya over the tissue. I added a few accessories (a cute pink bib, a coordinating hat, a pair of pink slipper cowgirl boots, and a pair of fuzzy pink moccasins) to finish off the basket. The final touch was a giant pink bow tying the plastic wrapping together. It was an awesome baby shower (the food by prepared by Brenda Woodward was AMAZING!), and I think Tawnya had a great time. I was feeling pretty sick at the shower, but I curled-up on a comphy chair with a glass of mulled cider, which made me feel a bit better. I was glad I was able to be there for the special event, and was really happy that Tawnya loved the extra-special presentation of her "just the basics" gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home