Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Fall in Sandpoint

Fall has arrived (okay, okay, it's been here for a bit, but I'm in denial). But it's really here now.

This week Landin disappeared from the kitchen where he was supposed to be working on his homework while I was cooking dinner. I looked all over the house for him, and was calling his name repeatably, when I heard the sound of his laugh coming from outside. Mind you, it's freezing cold outside (at least I think it is). I walk over to the window and look outside to see Landin jumping on the trampoline - BAREFOOT!

I knock on the window and tell him he should be wearing shoes and to get back inside. He replies, "I don't need shoes, I'm wearing a beanie." As in a fuzzy hat, on his head. What that has to do with his feet I have no idea. But then he screams, "Watch this!" and throws the football as hard as he can way up into the sky and the jumps up and lays back to bounce on his back and catch the football. KIDS! I have to say, he looked darn cute out there jumping barefoot in the freezing cold - his cheeks all flushed from the cold wind.

Reminded me of Brice, a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home