Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Making Halloween Cookies

To get ourselves into the Halloween spirit we decorated the house and cleared off the island in the kitchen to make some Halloween cookies. The kids donned their aprons (Ryder wore one that belonged to my grandmother, and Landin wore my Starbucks apron), we floured the island, whipped up some sugar cookie dough, and set to work. Landin picked a skeleton cookie cutter for his cookies, and Ryder picked a spider web. I helped both the boys roll out their dough with a rolling pin (Note to other parents - A rolling pin can be used as a weapon, which your kids will figure out as soon as they pick it up - Be aware... or maybe that's just my kids!)


The kids and I had a blast rolling the dough, cutting out the cookies, and baking them. By the time the cookies were cooled and ready to be frosted, football was on, so I lost my little bakers to TV land where they would rather cheer and yell at the TV then frost cookies they know they won't get to eat. So I frosted them myself, and after dinner the kids were allowed to have one each. A sweet reward for their hard work.

The next day we packaged up the cookies and distributed them to neighbors, teachers, aides, and friends. YUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home