Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Monday, June 12, 2006

DOWN in Blaze Of Glory


Brice had an indoor soccer game in Spokane late Friday night. The kids and I stayed home since it was so late.

Sometime around midnight I heard the sound of rocks being thrown at our bedroom window. It was Brice outside. I came downstairs to find him hobbling towards the house. "I need your help getting up the stairs," he groans.

"What?!" I half ask, half scream.

Turns out Brice was injured during the game. He thought he broke his foot. He was right.

Still, he drove home the hour and half drive from Spokane... so I made him wait to go to the hospital until Saturday morning.

I helped him up the stairs, gave him some left-over Vicoden from when Mazzy was born, and got his foot on ice.

When we woke up on Saturday, we headed straight to the urgent care. They X-rayed his foot and found it was broken in 3 places. They gave him a boot, and a prescription for crutches and his own vicoden.

I'm totally convinced he did it on purpose... what with The World Cup starting this weekend... now he can just sit in front of the TV watching soccer on vicoden while I wait on him hand and foot. Pretty good gig.

I'm only kidding of course. Brice is super bummed that he's now out for the season - and just when he was feeling good about his level of play. This injury means he'll have to hang up his jersey for a few months, and that means missing the outdoor season and the indoor season. Bummer.

You can be sure that he's milking it for all its worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home