Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Where has the time gone!? One week ago today, I set out on my first business trip with my new company, Mobility Public Relations (warmly known to insiders as MoPR). I flew to Seattle on Monday afternoon, where I was met by my two business partners (John and John). From Seattle we drove to Vancouver for a couple of meetings, after which we returned to Seattle to finish our week. I flew home on Friday afternoon.

Those of you who know me well are aware of the tradition started long ago when we had just one child and I traveled very little... the tradition of leaving a small gift for Landin to open for each night that I would be away on business. We have continued this tradition over the years, although now there are 3-kids to leave gifts for. So, I was gone for 5-days last week, and since school is out and we all know that kids' reading skills fall off during the summer break if they don't keep reading daily, the kids each unwrapped a new book for each day I was gone. When I got home they had a stack of books they couldn't wait to read with me (and in Landin's case, read TO me)... What a wonderful thing to come home to! We spent the majority of Friday night catching up on our cuddly reading time.

While I was gone, Landin attended a baseball camp in town (More on that in my next posting). Brice's high-school buddy, Patrick, arrived last week as well, so Brice had someone to keep him company. With the spa finally working, and the nice weather arriving, Brice and the kids had a wonderful week, even without Mama at home.

My inaugural business trip was a success, and our team had such a great time we decided to chronicle the adventure by starting our new company with a blog: http://mobilitypr.blogspot.com So check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home