Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Feeling A Lot Better (and what I would have missed if I wasn't)

Today is Monday, and I'm feeling a lot better after a restful weekend, and some serious pampering (from my hubby and friends).

While I was in the hospital, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, I kept worrying about all the things I was going to miss out on while I was stuck in bed. On the first day I was in the hospital, I missed Ryder's first singing performance at his preschool. I had planned to go and video tape, but instead, super Dad had to be there for me and him (and tried to take video while keeping Mazlow quite and in one place - not so successfully). I missed Brice's last adult soccer games that Sunday too. On Wednesday, I missed Landin's Cub Scout Rocket Race. We had been working together on his rocket for the past week and a half, so it was a bummer I couldn't be there.

One of the things that made the hospital stay bearable were the visits from my kids (and of course Brice).

Brice brought the boys to say good night to me every night I was there, and often he brought Ryder and Mazlow during the afternoon around lunchtime. They actually really liked the hospital food.One of the times Landin was there to visit me, he left me this message handwritten on the nurses white board in my room: In case the picture is unreadable, it says, "Dear Momy, I hope you feel better. I love you. I miss you, and I want to kiss you . There are four yous, not the letter U. XO OK"

So even though I missed some things that would have been really great, I felt very loved that my boys came and hugged-on me for at least a short time everyday.

If I hadn't started feeling better on Saturday, I would have missed out on the Harvest Carnival that I was chairing for Landin's school PTA, as well as the soccer tournament Ryder and Landin were playing in over the weekend, which would be their last game for several months (more on that later). So the bottom line is, I started feeling better just in time. That's just like life isn't it - everything works out just like on TV - right in time for the commercials.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home