Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving All! My mom and Don came up to spend Thanksgiving with our family this year, and to help me cook in case I wasn't feeling up to it. Thankfully, I was feeling well on Thanksgiving, and together, my Mom and I cooked-up quite a feast.
We prepared a fabulous roast Turkey, heavenly mashed potatoes, 100-step Green Beans with crispy scallions, Baked Maple Syrup Sweet Potatoes, an incredible onion balsamic gravy, two kinds of homemade cranberry sauces, and 3 pies (a caramel chocolate pecan pie and a traditional pumpkin). And yes, all this food was for 4-adults and 3 kids. Needless to say, we have plenty of leftovers (and multiple recipes to use them up as well).

The kids enjoyed the day playing in the fresh fallen snow, while my Mom and I worked away in the kitchen. I can't think of a more satisfying way to spend the Thanksgiving day!

When it was time to eat, we all sat down at our big table in the dining room (the kids were very excited to get to use their special Thanksgiving linens and dishes).
Even Mazzy joined the table with a big plate of Thanksgiving food!
It was a perfect Thanksgiving, and I couldn't have asked for a better day! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home