Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Southside Harvest Carnival 2006

(Delayed Post from October 28th)

As PTA President for Landin's Elementary School, I was charged with organizing the school's annual Harvest Carnival - a big Fall celebration complete with a costume contest, a pumpkin carving contest, scarecrow building contests, a Chili and Cornbread cook-off, face painting, temporary tattoos, a cake walk, a sack race, Bingo, a raffle, and a dozen other fun games for the kids. Since I was down for the count the week leading up to the big event, I had to delegate quite a bit of the activity, but I did make it to the event (and managed to bring along a couple of pots of homemade chili and a couple pans of cornbread too).

Here is my Hot and Spicy Chili (secret ingredients: Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce, Ground buffalo, and Kokane Beer)
Here is my Sweet Chili (secret Ingredient - Dr. Pepper):Here is my Jalapeno Cornbread:Here is my Sweet Cornbread: My baking didn't take home any prizes, but Brice loved the spicy chili and vowed to eat the entire pot himself if I ever made it again (a personal victory since Brice claims to hate chili and refuses to even try it most of the time I make it).

I took it easy at the event, manning the ticket counter, and sitting on my butt almost the entire time. And since I wasn't feeling up to sporting my Greek Goddess Halloween Costume, I opted for a pair of hospital scrubs instead (much more fitting to my mood)! We had a great turn-out for the carnival, and our kids had a blast! I'm already looking forward to next year's carnival, when we will have FOUR little guys in costume to chase around, and I hope to be feeling up for the challenge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home