Raising Our 3 Sons

This is a blog about raising three boys in Northern Idaho, from the perspective of a Mom and a Dad, with occasional posts from the boys themselves.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Southside Dinner Auction

Landin's Elementary School held it's annual dinner auction last week, and as PTA President, it kept me plenty busy. Luckily I wasn't in charge of the whole thing (a saintly woman named Barb held that honor), but I did get my hands dirty and had a lot of fun!

Part of the tradition of the dinner auction (which we started last year) is that parent volunteers each decorate one table for 8 for folks to sit at for dinner at the auction. This year I decorated a table with a lime green and gold theme. Here are some shots of my table. My girlfriends Nicole, Brenda and I also donated a decorated tree for the auction. We got together some fishing theme ornaments, Brenda sewed an amazing fishing themed tree skirt, and we decorated the tree with gold, Burgundy and the cutest fishing/cabin themed decorations you can imagine. The dinner was fabulous, and a wonderful time was had by all. And best of all, we were able to raise more than $10,000 for the elementary school (which may not sound like a lot to all you Californians, but I assure you, by Idaho standards, that is BANK!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home